SilverSpoon Bakery is a dessert bakery focused on delighting our customers with artisanal, beautiful, and high quality cakes and desserts.
Located in the heart of Portsmouth, Va., SilverSpoon Bakery and Gourmet Gifts, have been the staple for many events. From custom cakes to dessert tables, customers have been delighted for over 10 years.
C.C. Martinez, the owner of SilverSpoon, developed a passion for baking every since the Easy Bake Oven. She honed her skills at the Institute of Culinary Education in New York, under Toba Garrett and the culinary program at Tidewater Community College in Norfolk, Virgina.
This childhood passion led her to the opening of SilverSpoon Bakery & Gourmet Gifts in 2005. Her dream of owning "just" a custom cake shop was halted when she was asked to enter a local cookie contest three days before the initial opening, and won! Patrons sought out this" Best Kept Secret", and have returned for various confections such as sugar babies, her signature lemon pound cake, and chocolate bacon,
Her dedication is reflected in the numerous awards SilverSpoon has won over the years and her continued study of her craft.
4715 Portsmouth Blvd
Portsmouth, VA 23701
Sun - Mon CLOSED
Tue - Fri 10 am–6 pm
Sat 10 am–4 pm
Every order designed by SilverSpoon is custom. Why, because we make sure it fits your needs. Based on the number of guest being served, to the colors and design, we work with each client to ensure that we create a custom and beautiful cake for your special day. SilverSpoon Bakery will provide you with an amazing cake that tastes as good as it looks!
Getting the cake of your dreams is simple and low-stress.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS
- Schedule a Tasting+Consultation -Consults are available Tuesday- Friday from 11 am -5 pm. A non-refundable fee of $25.00 will be charged at that time, and applied to the total cost of the cake if services are retained. (Please restrict tasting to 4 people). You will then have the opportunity to savor 6-8 of our most popular flavors. Any special request must be made prior to the appointment and may incur an additional charge.
- Design- During your consultation, one of our designers will assist you in bringing your imagination to life, by incorporating elements from your event, such as monograms, logos, custom color, and texture. Please bring swatches, invitations, and pictures with you that will help us in getting a clear picture of your event.
- Reserve- Once we have your stamp of approval on design and taste, A non- refundable retainer equaling 1/3 of the total cost is required at contract signing to reserve your creation. ( If over $500. If less, half is required). Balance is required two (2) weeks before the event.
We apply the same high standards in crafting a custom cake as we do with our wedding cakes. Here are a few guidelines that will help the process run smoothly.
HOW TO ORDER A CUSTOM CAKE
1. Servings: Determine the number of guest the cake will serve.
2. Design: Get inspired on the design of the cake! Pictures, Instagram, Pinterest or other bakery websites are also great places for inspiration:
3. Flavor: Decide on the flavor of your cake to get your mouth watering! We have several classic and signature flavors to choose from such as vanilla, chocolate, almond, zesty lemon, lemon/almond, (or signature wedding cake flavor), marble and white, as well as exotic flavors like Tuscan Romance and our tropical Key Lime Coconut! And of course the "Southern Lady" herself, red velvet is on the list of favorites.
4. Contact Us: Don't wait to call and place your order! We are a small boutique bakery and have limited space for availability. It is not uncommon for us to be at capacity 2 weeks before a particular event. We will try to accommodate your needs. Please feel free to call with any questions you may have .You may also contact us via email at email@example.com. Let us know the info from steps 1, 2, and 3 above and we'll get you a quote.
5. Deposit: Deposits are required to reserve your order! Balance may be paid when orders are picked up unless otherwise instructed.
All baking is done on site!
We no longer make gluten free. Sugar free is the only dietary restriction we accommodate at this time.
We do keep an assortment of cupcakes and other confections on hand.
Email (firstname.lastname@example.org), call, or contact us to inquire about pricing and design for your special cake!
CAKES SERVING CHEAT SHEET
Contact Us for Additional Cake Sizes, Shapes, and Tiers!
Serves 6-8 starts at$25.00
Serves 8-10 starts at $30.00
Serves 12-15 starts at $45.00
Serves 15-20 starts at $30.00
Serves 25 -30 starts at $45.00
Serves 50- 75 starts at $95.00
We offer cupcakes on a daily basis. Freshly baked cupcakes in 10-12 favorite flavors are available every day at the bakery.
Cupcakes are a great idea for any birthday or office party, baby, and bridal shower, or special event! For couples looking beyond the traditional wedding, we offer the modern day alternative to a traditional wedding cake. Stack cupcakes on towering tiers, risers, or stands.
Don't forget $2.00 Tuesday where all of our cupcakes are $2 instead of $3!
Just contact us and let us know what you need.
*(PREMIUM FLAVORS AND SPECIALTY ADORNMENTS ARE AN ADDITIONAL FEE)
other sweet treats
We have a variety of other sweet treats in the shop on a daily basis. Stop by the bakery and satisfy your sweet tooth!
- BROWNIES AND BARS
- KRISPY RICE TREATS
- CAKE POPS
- BREAD PUDDING
- POUND CAKE
- CHOCOLATE COVERED BACON
Contact us for any questions you may have regarding SilverSpoon Bakery & Gourmet Gifts.
PLEASE ALLOW 48 HOURS FOR EMAIL RESPONSES.
If you are interested in a wedding cake or custom cake, please complete the form below.
If you need immediate assistance, please call the bakery instead of emailing.
SILVERSPOON BAKERY AND GOURMET GIFTS LOCATION
4715 Portsmouth Boulevard
Portsmouth, VA, 23701